Monday, July 16, 2012

Not A Care in the World!

The other day I just couldn't stand the heat inside our house anymore, there did seem to be a slight breeze outside but for some reason it was not coming through our windows!  So I headed out with Armin close behind!  He loves to play in the dirt with his tractors, so I took the local paper out with me and sat on the step while he played!  Emry and Calum were absorbed in a movie in the coolness of the basement so we left them alone!

While I was reading Armin would dig a little then he would get up and wander around.  I would look up every so often to keep tabs on where he was.  He was never too far away so I just let him explore, he was always within my line of sight.  After a few more paragraphs I looked up again and he was exploring the shelter break for the cows, just in front of our house, still not that far from me.  So back to reading!  I don't know if the article I was reading was super exciting that I forgot to look up after my usual few paragraphs or if he is just super sonic fast, but the next time I looked for him he was on the road heading south towards Bach's!  I left the paper and before I broke out into a full fledge sprint I made sure there were no vehicles coming from any direction, and I couldn't spot any for miles so I walked as fast as I could after just having surgery to catch up to him!  Once he realized I was on his trail he started to run!  He really is quite fast!  When I caught up to Armin he was actually sitting in the ditch because he was trying to follow Gibson into the field and got tangled up in all the grass!  Thank goodness, because I may not have ever caught up to him!  He was walking as though he had no care in the world about where he was going or what dangers may lie ahead!  Once I got to him I looked at the clock to see what time it was and realized Jared would soon be home so I gave him a call to tell him the latest antics of this boy!  He happened to be on his way home from checking the cows and was just coming over the hill at Bach's.  He caught up to us as Armin and I were walking into our yard.  When Armin saw him he wanted to ride the rest of the way with daddy, so Jared pulled him onto his lap and let him "drive" the car up to the house!  Armin was beside himself with excitement!

The white dot to the left of the road, where Gibson is standing, is Armin!
Armin safely rescued from the tangles of grass!
Heading home!



3 comments:

  1. Wow! He made it quite a ways. Can't let them out of your sight for a second can you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could use that in a lesson someday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is scary with the dugout close by full of water. I used to walk up that road every sunday and get to the top and right to the left on the hill is a big rcok that I would curl up beside and read the day away. No one could find me, and no one ever found my secret retreat. Loved that road and the hill. Thanks for the picture and helping me think back to my youth. Hope your surgery was nothing major Amber. Miss seeing you guys. But Tanner will be home in 9 months and hope you will come up when he gets home. Love you, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete