Sunday, May 24, 2015

Garden

On Victoria Day we decided to plant a garden!  I LOVE the idea of gardening and that's about as far as I get!!!  So this year Jared rota-tilled a spot in the garden plot behind Myrna's house and the five of us went out with a shovel, a rake and a hoe.  Jared found stakes and twine and I brought the seeds!  Emry got right in there and helped us plant the seeds and cover them with dirt.  The boys explored in the trees and played real life minecraft!!  It took hours to do it and it really isn't even that big of a garden!!  We planted some corn, beans, peas, potatoes, beets, carrots, lettuce, dill, chives, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins, strawberries, raspberries and mint!!! We did a row of sunflowers and marigolds around the edge to make it look pretty and keep those pesky bugs away!!

Now I hope I will have the ambition I need to weed it regularly and it just might survive!!!




2 comments: