Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day

Being a mom is one of the toughest jobs I could ever have imagined. At 5:00pm you don't get to leave the drama at work. You deal with the petty arguments from the time the sun comes up till it sets and all is finally quiet in the house! You get to kiss boo boos and wipe tears, you clean up mess after mess after mess and again 10 minutes later. You get to wipe bums and wash hair, do the dishes and the laundry.  You get asked what is for supper then an instant "gross" when you answer. It's your fault when they can't find something.

 But after all that is said nothing can melt your heart more when you hear a little squeaky voice say "I love you mom!" And as much as I hate prolonging bedtime I love the quiet time when little dirt caked fingers entwine themselves in my hair and their breathing becomes slower and deeper and I know they have finally fallen asleep!! The innocence returns to their gleaming little faces and I am reminded of what it truly means to be a mother! And I am grateful Heavenly Father entrusted me to care for and guide these sweet little spirits in this rough and tumble world. Yes on a daily basis I feel extremely inadequate but I know I have the tools I need to press forward.

I have examples in two very amazing women...my mom and my mother in law (though I don't like the in law part since I truly consider her my mother in every sense of the word!!) they have shown me unconditional love and have supported decisions I have made without judgement. My mother in law has raised a son to be the perfect companion to me. Without Jared by my side I wouldn't be the woman I am today, we are still learning and may never totally get it right but we are doing it together. 

I have examples in my grandmothers, my aunts, my sisters and sisters in law and I have learned from the ladies in our church. This is a tough job, one I've wanted to give up on many times...but because I haven't and perservered I have been made stronger! 

My Mother's Day was a beautiful day!! I got to spend it with four of my favourite people!! Jared made me a smoothie and brought it to me in bed, he let me sleep in while he got the boys ready for church! After church he and Emry made a very yummy dinner, bbq hamburgers and fruit and veggies!! They also cleaned up after while I read my book!!! I had made dessert the day before and it turned out to be super delicious...a key lime cheesecake!!!!  Later in the evening we went over to Grandma Puzey's and shared dessert with them too, super yummy chocolate dessert!!!!! We finished the day off watching our favourite family show " Heartland!"

Despite the hardships that come with being a mother I am grateful for the three children I have who call me mom!!


2 comments:

  1. I still think it's funny it said 20 min assembly. Glad u out had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete