Monday, May 4, 2015

More than 2 Hands Old!!!!


Emry turned 11 yesterday....WHAT?  I can't believe how fast the time has gone and how much things change in such a short time!  All Emry wanted for her birthday was to have all her Aunts, Uncles, cousins and Grandparents home to celebrate!  And as it turned out everyone was able to come with the exception of Grandpa!! But he had a good reason...being out of the country!  She requested Salmon for dinner but we steered her to a less expensive choice so she decided on Spaghetti!!  I have a really amazing spaghetti sauce recipe that I have a made once before and everyone who came pitched in with the side dishes!! We had jello pretzel salad, veggies and dip, a caesar salad and watermelon!  And for dessert Emry asked for her very favourite...Cheesecake!  I also tried a mint lemonade slush and it turned out to be quite a hit!!!  The blog I got the recipe from said people will be asking "What is that?"  And I got that very response from my mom!!!  She came up to me and asked "What is that?" I told her how I made it and how easy it was to get that oh so refreshing taste!!!  Because Emry loves the color lime green I tried to decorate using that colour!  I found lime green straws and bought all green coloured candies to fill my candy jar with! I tied green ribbon around some of the milk bottles I have and attached a "happy birthday" banner!!  I think she appreciated it!  She instantly knew why I had all green stuff!!



Despite our best efforts to tell everyone all Emry wanted was to have everyone together each family still brought her a gift...to say she was spoiled is an understatement!  She was thrilled with all the gifts she received!  I think her most prized possession is her new art set from Grandma Puzey, she has been drawing non stop!

I am so grateful for the amazing girl she is...she is so helpful with the boys and around the house and if we can't find her right away we know to look in the barn or the shed where the cats and kittens are hiding.  She is always right beside her Dad when he is working on the farm, I think her favourite pastime is checking the cows!  I think we have a true farm girl on our hands...she has just informed me that she really does want to do beef 4H next year and take care of her very own calf!!  She could do it too!!!  I still have a hard time believing she is 11, this is her last year in Primary...YIKES!!  She is growing up too fast but I like seeing the changes in her and watching her as she grows and matures...she is over 5 foot tall and doesn't seem to be slowing down.  I look forward to what the years ahead bring!  She truly is my favourite girl and I am grateful to have been blessed with such a strong willed and determined daughter!!  I love you Emry!!


4 comments:

  1. She is an awesome girl! Sorry I missed a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for inviting us - we loved celebrating with Emry!! She's a sweet young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to see everyone. Glad she had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those two girls! She really is a mini-me for Amber. I can't believe she is growing up so fast. It was a great birthday party.

    ReplyDelete