Saturday, May 9, 2015

Stake Activity Day

At the end of April Myrna and I and the rest of the Stake Primary Presidency put on an activity for the 8-11 year old girls!  Our theme was "Happy to Be Me!"  Myrna had a great vision of how she wanted the day to play out and I think it came together absolutely perfectly!

We had three stations the girls would rotate through:

1) Happy to Give Service
The girls each made cards of encouragement to give to patients suffering in the hospital and thank you cards to give to Police and Firefighters for all they do to keep us safe!

2) Happy to Be Creative
The girls were given 6 cupcakes already baked and they were taught how to ice them!  They were also able to put sprinkles on them...I couldn't believe how many sprinkles some of the girls managed to put on top of their iced cupcake!

3) Happy to Be A Child of God
The girls were given a short spiritual message of how important it is to know they truly are a child of God.  After the message they each decorated a plaque to hang in their rooms that said "Happy to Be Me"!!


We provided lunch for each of the girls and their leaders!  We had the tables set in all pastel colours with a box filled with their lunch at each place setting!  We fed them ham croissants, a juice box, cookies, grapes and chips!!  They were also given a baggie of salt water taffy!!  All the colours made the gym really pop!! Myrna had spent countless hours making tissue paper flowers to decorate with and Cora willingly put them all up for us!


I know Emry had so much fun and she said she really did feel like a child of God!!  This was probably her last Stake Activity Day...depending on when we have it next year!  I am thankful for the opportunity I have to work so closely with Myrna in this calling!  I can truly tell how much she loves each of these precious children, this really has been a great experience for me and has helped me step out of my comfort zone!

3 comments: