Friday, November 26, 2010

December 1, 2010????????

At my regular prenatal checkup yesterday, Dr. Davey asked me what I thought about having a baby next week!  As uncomfortable as I am I readily said sure, sounds great!  That is until I took a minute to think about it!  Next Wednesday I am scheduled to be induced, if the hospital hasn't been bombarded by women going into labour naturally!  I am so nervous, the whole labour experience is very vividly coming back to me!  Dr. Davey won't be able to deliver this baby, but his associate Dr. Browne will be there to do it.  I have heard just as good of things of him as I had of Dr. Davey, so I know it will all go okay!  I really enjoyed being induced with Calum because Jared and I were able to drive down to Lethbridge calmly and we were admitted without any stress.  Although Wednesday will come way to fast I am so excited to hold this little bundle.  I am still unsure exactly if this baby will be a boy, Dr. Davey said the heart beat sounded very girlish again!  I only assumed when the Ultra sound tech pointed to the screen and said it was pretty obvious what the baby was, that she meant it was a boy!  I do like the excitement of the surprise especially after all the hard work to get to the end result!  The arrival of this baby has come at a very busy time for us, but I know it is also a blessing in disguise!  Now the only hard part is deciding on a name if this baby does end up being a little boy!  Why are boys so hard to name?  Is it because you want their name to mean something, or that the name should shape their character for good?  Both our kids names so far have suited them perfectly, so why is this one so much harder?  Anyway, here's to Wednesday December 1, 2010, it will be here before I know it!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Amber! We can't wait to meet this baby as well. Wouldn't it be a surprise if it did turn out to be a girl. I'd need to make a trip to the store to return a Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOod luck Amber. Will be a nice surprise for all of you. Dave and Myrna were talking about your baby being born next week. Dec. 1st, is Sam's birthday.......my oldest grandson. He turns 21 this year. Where do the years go. Will be thinking of you and anxious to hear the news. Take a deep breath, breathe and all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I am getting excited to finally meet this little baby! Good Luck, you will do great. I will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete