Sunday, November 7, 2010

Extremely Thankful for Family & Friends!

Earlier this week my brother in law, Buck, called and left a message on our phone and said he was coming over on Saturday to help haul all our bales home where it will be easier and quicker to feed the cows this winter.  Jared called Buck back and said he only had 67 more loads with his dads grain truck (they modified it by taking the sides off the box to make it a flat bed!)  Buck's only answer was, "No!"  So Saturday brought Buck, his dad, John, my sister, Arren, and David Mueller, a neighbour down the road to our aid!  Dave and Jared were so thrilled with their willingness.

They had quite a system down, and even with the few setbacks, a truck over heating, another stuck fully loaded with bales, a tractor stuck, and one that wouldn't start for awhile, they were able to get all 468 bales home and stacked!  And stacked in such a neat pile, thanks to Dave!  Calum and I finally ventured out after dark, so around 7 pm to see how it was going.  We got to see Dave and Jared stack the bales from Jared's truck and the system they had down was really quite neat to see.  Dave was using the fancier tractor and could lift two bales at a time off the truck where he would take them over to the big stack and set them down, and Jared would come beside with his Dad's old International tractor and place a third bale on top of Dave's two!  Dave said that John and him had a real system down too!  The way the guys move with the tractors is amazing to me, like the shifters are really just an extension of their arms!

With the extra hands and Buck and John's two tractors and three trucks with trailers they pushed on until 10 pm!  They only stopped for lunch at around 2 pm, which I will brag, I made pizza for the crew and John told Jared I should open a pizza parlour, it was that good!  I always love it when my meals turn out, especially when I am making them for other people!  Anyway, without the help from our family and friends Jared and Dave would have been hauling bales every Saturday for the next three months!!  Now they can focus on finishing the corals, and the alleyway.  And then maybe, fingers crossed, Jared can hang the rest of the drywall in our house!

2 comments:

  1. What a busy day for you guys. That is so awesome you had so much help. You have such good family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave keeps telling me how good that pizzs was. I think he may be hinting that I should take a lesson from you.

    ReplyDelete