Friday, December 3, 2010

Decorating the Christmas Tree



Monday was a very eventful day for us!  I started to have regular type pains in my tummy, but dismissed them to be Braxton hicks!  That is until I googled early signs of labour, and talked to my mom!  I was definitely having contractions!  Calum and I set up the Christmas tree earlier that morning so it would be ready to decorate for Family Home Evening! I ended up calling Jared just before lunch and he came home to take me to the hospital, my contractions were about 9-10 minutes apart but not very intense, I was still able to pack a bag, clean the bathroom and put away the laundry, though we went to the hospital anyway!  We got to the hospital by 2pm, were checked out and sent home!  The nurse who sent us home seemed pretty certain we wouldn't be back until my scheduled induction Wednesday morning, so we decided to go back home so Jared could feed the cows in case we were back to the hospital sooner!  We got home just as Emry was to get off the bus so she went out to help Jared feed the cows, he fed them enough for three days so he wouldn't have to worry about them at all.

Grandpa Glen gave Calum this shirt for his 2nd birthday, extremely fitting!




Thanks Jared for the picture of me while I was unaware I was actually in labour!




He really is the "Master of Disaster"







We had a nice evening together as a family.  We were able to decorated the tree, we watched shows and just as I was putting Calum to bed my water broke!  The strangest thing was Emry seemed to predict that we would be going to the hospital that night.  When she got home from school we told her that mommy might have the baby real soon, she asked when we had to leave and when we told her we weren't sure, she, off the top of her head, said tonight at 9pm?  My water broke just before 9 that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment