Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

What a face!

My traditional Christmas toque!

This morning Ashton and Bowen were the first ones to wake up, around 6am!  They were so good, they weren't allowed to come downstairs until 8am, and at about 8:15am they were finally able to see what Santa brought them!  Jared started a fire to take the chill off while the stockings were opened!  Then the craziness began as everyone started to dig under the tree to see what they got!  We realized too late that we should have had Calum open his present from Santa after he opened his others!  Santa brought him a Buzz Lightyear doll and he was so excited about it, I don't think it has left his hand once today!  Well, except for when he put him in the toilet, and dropped him off the table!  Buzz has already been through a lot of adventure today!

Waiting ever so patiently to play with Buzz!

As soon as Daddy had both dolls opened, the first thing Calum did was have his dolls say "Hi" to each other!



Emry asked Santa for a barn, and being the good girl that she is, he thought she really did deserve one!  Her face when she opened it was priceless!



Jared told me quite awhile ago that he would like one of those Air Hog Helicopters!  So the kids gave him one and he has been playing with it for as long as the battery will stay charged!



Remember my post about Justin "Beaver"?!  Well, Jared bought Emry his acoustic CD, she was so excited!  I am sure this will be worn out on our CD player in my new van!



Our boys in their matching Christmas jammies!
Oh, I forgot to mention, Jared gave me a mini van for Christmas!  I opened my last present from him, a remote starter!  I was a little confused when I saw it until he told me it was a remote starter for our car!  I told him I didn't know you could put one of those on a car with a manual transmission, he matter of factly said you could.  The picture on the remote start was a car that really did look like ours, I asked where he found it and he said on kijiji!  Why shouldn't I have believed him, he showed me which button to push and then took me upstairs to see if it worked!  I am a little embarrassed to tell what my first reaction was when I looked out the door!  I punched Jared in the stomach and called him a Jerk!  I kept hinting since we found out I was pregnant that a mini van would be really nice to have!  He actually agreed but we weren't in the financial position to do it since we had to get ready to bring cattle to the farm!  Back in October Jared found an unreal deal that he couldn't pass up!  It is the same colour as our Jetta, a deep blue, although it has pinstripes that I will admit are a little hideous, but will say to everyone else that they add character??!  It is a Dodge Caravan, has two sliding doors and is a 2000!  I am so excited, Armin will actually survive now that Calum will not be able to sit beside him and poke at him!  What a surprise!

It has been a wonderful Christmas, and as anxious as I was about having everyone under one roof overnight, it has gone really well!  We have had a lot of fun, and it hasn't stopped yet!  It is a privilege to be a Puzey and to be able to share in such wonderful family traditions.  To be so close that we can stay together under one roof, even with the chaos, the noise of the kids laughing and playing together bring much joy to a home!

Indulging in a little Christmas cheer!
Not to worry, it's only Sparkling Apple Juice!


2 comments:

  1. He is surviving! I guess Calum got it all out of his system Christmas Day because I haven't seen him throw him or drop him from extremely high places! He has however had to take them where ever he goes! They are kind of a pain to haul around!

    ReplyDelete