Friday, December 3, 2010

Welcome Baby Armin David Puzey!!!!!

Armin David Puzey 6lbs. 11ozs.

He has the longest feet!

In the NICU under the oxygen tent.




Proud Daddy

Auntie Rachel

Rachel, Liam and Armin



The happiest big sister, all she wants to do is hold him!

He looks so tiny in his seat!


Our three beautiful children!


Well, our newest little bundle came even earlier than expected!  He sure was ready to come out and greet the world!  Armin David Puzey was born Monday November 29, 2010 at 10:41pm, about 14 days early!  He was due the 10th or the 12th of December but I was scheduled to be induced December 1st!  Because I had to take blood thinners while I was pregnant it is easier for the doctor to induce me and know the blood thinner is out of my system instead of chancing it by going into labour and then maybe bleeding to death.  Armin had a different idea altogether!  My water broke Monday night while I was laying down with Calum to put him to bed just before 9 pm.  Jared was not willing to play around so we left for the hospital right away!  The roads weren't great, plus it was foggy so we had to obey the speed limit.  My contractions still weren't unbearable but they did get a little closer together, about 4-5 minutes apart the entire drive to the hospital.  Once we got to the hospital we had to check in at Emergency, Jared parked the car as close as he could to the Emergency entrance and together we walked in, my contractions still manageable!  Once inside I sat down because there was a couple ahead of us checking in.  My contractions got a little more intense and became about 2 minutes apart.  While I was giving my information they got more intense yet but still not unbearable!  Once we finally got up to the labour and delivery floor it was 10:15pm.  I asked the nurses if I could go to the bathroom, but they desperately wanted to get my weight first, once in the bathroom they desperately wanted to get me on the bed to check how much I was dilated, 5 cm, and finally the contractions felt somewhat unbearable!  By the time I got onto the bed to the time the baby was born was only about 5 minutes, the nurse checking me had to have one of the other nurses help her put her glove on so she could ease the baby out!  The doctor missed everything!  It all happened so fast I think I may have missed some of it too!  Even though little Armin had to spend the night in the NICU, he is fine and it was more to observe him that he didn't get any kind of infection from how fast the delivery was.  He looks just like Jared when he was a baby, and he has Emry's extremely long fingers!  He is a very good baby, he nurses perfectly and rarely cries, mostly squeaks!  Emry absolutely loves him, Calum is a little indifferent, but I know they will be pals!  We are excited to have a new little one in our home and can't wait to see what kind of personality he develops!

3 comments:

  1. BOY, that is the way to have them Amber, fast and bearable. What a great little boy. He looks like a Puzey for sure. I know Emry will be a big help to you with him. Take it easy and enjoy being at home with your 3 sweeties. SO happy for all of you.
    Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet little Armin! It is about killing me that I haven't yet. He looks adorable and the boys are so excited to have another cousin. Hope to see you all soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pictures! I especially love the camo pants.

    ReplyDelete